Wednesday, November 17, 2010

From the mouth of Babes....

This evening I had dinner with the family. My mom, step dad, sister, nephew, brother, sister in law and niece.
We talked and laughed. Made fun of how fast my niece talks and how much she reminds my parents of me.
My brother and his wife took her on a trip last year four wheeling through the mountains. They were talking about how fun it was and how Sherry, my sister in law kept running into trees. How fun it was going through mud puddle after mud puddle and then my niece, Morgan starting talking about the one time she flipped her bike completely over. Describing how a stupid mistake made her go flying off the bike and she knew she shouldn't have looked behind her.
She then said, "Leesa, just remember: When you are going forward, don't look back!"

I realized that I should take that advice. Not only if I am ever on a 4 wheeler bike ever again, but in life.
I have been hesitating about moving from Orlando.
Kind of afraid of starting over. Nervous that I wont like it. Nervous that it won't be what I want it to be. But its exciting as well.
An adventure I have to take. Right now I am sat idling in Orlando. Not really doing anything different from what I was doing when I moved here 10 years ago.
I love my friends. I love my work. But I want to go forward. I want to see what's on the road ahead of me.
I need to stop looking back or I may flip and land on my ass.

Going forward? Don't look back.
Wise words Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment